Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Source of Recipe
This cookie is so rich it is almost a candy! The icing sugar coating cracks as it bakes revealing the dark chocolate interior.
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 c ) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 c milk
- Sift together flour,cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together butter and b sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Form into 4 equal disks on plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
- Form into 16" log(dust hands with icing sugar).Chill 30 minutes.Cut into 1" pieces;roll into ball;coat with icing sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 12- 15 minutes on parchment lined sheet.
- Makes 48-50 cookies.
These disappear off plates very quickly.They make a wonderful gift.