Cheesy Broccoli Pockets
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 16 oz. frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cook, stirring until mooisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli mixture, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 8 pieces; roll out each piece to form a 6-inch circle.
- Spoon an equal amount of broccoli mixture in the center of each circle. Fold dough over filling to form a half circle. Press edges with a fork to seal; prick a few holes in pocket tops.
- Place pockets on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings